Sunday, March 23, 2008

Monday 2/25/2008 Even more shopping!

Since we didn't do so well finding a store that carried large kurtas on Monday I ask Vevaik and Rohini if they could suggest any stores for Shannon to go to. I told them both about our Sunday adventures. They suggested a few stores. So Monday after Steve and Jason were dropped off after work Shannon, Pat, and I headed out again to go shopping.

First we went to Pantaloons (a clothing store). Rohini said they have a line called Ali (or something like that) which carries larger sizes. They did have this clothing line and there were kurtas larger than 46. The kurta Shannon like didn't have any matching salwars. We then headed to the next store, Jade Blue. I just want to add that practically every store we went to both Sunday and Monday gave us the funniest look for shopping for men's cloths. We would hold the kurta up to Shannon to judge if Dave might fit it. Some sales people would tell us that this wasn't for women and we would then try to explain we knew that and were shopping for her husband. It was rather funny to me.

Anyways so we get to Jade Blue and go up to the men's department. Of course the largest kurta they had was a 46. They suggested we get one made if we needed a bigger one. They gave Shannon a form that she could fill in Dave's measurements for them to make one. Shannon was toying with the idea, I think out of desperation, but there wasn't a guaranty that it would be done on time. We were standing outside Jade Blue deciding what to do next when I saw the sign of some store. I pointed it out to Pat and Shannon thinking it was funny. It said something about Gentleman's World. I made a joke that it couldn't be anything naughty like that title would mean in the States since they don't have those establishments over here, well at least not in this state.

So Pat and I were curious as to what type of store this would be. So we took Shannon over to the store with us. Good thing too! We get to the door and there is this "guard" sitting in a chair outside. I should interject here that there are guards at most store/establishment doors. They open the door for you and keep the beggars away. Well this store's door was just a temporary looking one that was wood. I asked the guard if the store was open, which I am not sure if he understood, but I also gestured about going into the door and he said yes. So we walk in and there are these guys working, looking like they are setting up the displays. There were still sheets over all the shelves in the middle covering the merchandise. But low and behold this was a men's clothing store!!

So we ask one of the sales guys if they were open, of course they were like, yeah we are....more like they were preparing the store to open eventually. :) So we launch into our story about what we are looking for. They had kurtas that were size 52!! We were so excited, we hit gold. So Shannon got a business card and said she would be back Saturday with her husband for him to try on kurtas. Of course before we left they wanted to show us the rest of the store with the mannequins in fancy kurtas and other traditional Indian men's attire. We finally got out of the store and were pleased with ourselves. We were off to dinner or maybe home...I really can't remember.

No comments: