Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ahmedabad Airport

Again no pics but there will be some in the next few posts. So we land no problem. Again we get to unload the plane from the front and back by stairs. I again unload from the back. We board a bus again that takes us to the airport. We get off and I follow the crowd to the luggage carousel. There is this metal rail, like those used at Great America to divide the lines, but a little thicker. Standing behind it waiting for me is Steve (US - Madison office, Electrical), Gemar (one of our drivers, and I asked him how to spell his name right since no one had the same spelling), Vevaik (came to the US in November, Mech Indian team leader), Anoop (Mech Indian designer, mentor is in RI office), and Kapil (Mech Indian designer). I said "HI" and gave them my carry-on bags to watch so I could pull off my checked bags. I put those on a cart then Gemar pushed it out. We put the two checked bags in Kapil's new car (it had a nice big trunk for Indian standards). Then Steve and I got in the car Gemar drove. This time I did get to "experience" Indian driving with all the craziness and honking. I guess I was a little disappointed again. I have been on rollercoasters that are scarier. Granted sitting in an Indian car while driving around is not for the light at heart I didn't think it was as scary as some people have made it out to be.

Steve showed me around the apartment and told me that the RO system was not hooked up. The other guys dropped off my two checked bags then left. After Steve finished the tour he left also. I had told him when he asked that my plan was to stay up all day and go to bed at IST bedtime. I had time to unpack a little and then Shannon (US - St. Louis office, Elect CAD) invited me to go sari (or saree) shopping with her and her mom (who is staying with Shannon for her entire stay). Shannon's apartment is the one in the same building as mine which is very nice.

No comments: