Thursday, February 7, 2008

T -14

So excited!!!  Today I got my passport back with my visa and my airline tickets!  Things are starting to come together.  :)

I want to wish Lindsay a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope you had a great one.

I also wanted to so say how fortunate I am to have such great friends and family in my life.  I received a hand written letter from my friend Amy.  It was nice to get snail mail, not just an e-mail or phone call.  Both Amy and Lindsay are very special to me.  They are the type of friends that challenge you to be your best self.  I will miss being able to see them while I am gone.

On another note...today was my second to last day with my Junior Achievment (JA) class.  I have been teaching a 7th grade class.  It's rather interesting.  I think I will do it again when I get back to the States.  Today we talked about debt, credit, cash, interest.  I tried to explain good debt and bad debt to them.  I made sure to tell them that when they get married their significant other's debt will effect theirs.  I think that stuck, as for the rest...some got it and it seemed like some didn't care.  

No comments: