So today I have a funny story to share. I will preface with: for those of you who don't know, I have my nose pierced.
My cousin, Diana, had this conversation with her mom about getting her nose re-pierced.
Diana: With Kristen in India, someone had to take over being the pierced one, so really I am doing this for the family.
Her Mother: Ah, so this is out of the kindness of your heart...a gesture for the family...
Diana: Yes, so that the spirit of Kristen is with us, even though she is half a world away.
Her Mother: Ok. Is that what you're going to tell Grandma?
Diana: Could you? I don't want to get her angry with me.
I was bent over because I was laughing so hard when I read this. None of you probably laughed but seriously you need to know my father's mother (my cousin's mother's mother). Then you would know why this is so funny. No one wants Grandma mad at them, haha. I really doubt Grandma will care about the piercing.
On a different note, today I found out my friend in Africa who is working for the Peace Corps did receive all the packages I sent. She also handed out the candy canes to the local kids :) It is a relief to know that she got them even if it took 2 months. I am glad that she enjoys my weekly letters to her. I know it can get boring for her and no one writes snail mail anymore.
So today was definitely a positive one. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAHAHA! That rocks!
Love ya, Di
Post a Comment