- Shannon & I were picked up in the morning by Trushal & Heran to go to cricket
- We went to a different field than normal, this one was mostly sand
- Not a lot of people showed up so Shannon & I got to play but on opposite teams (I think this is because we were both women and they thought we would be a disadvantage to the team so they split us up, silly Indian boys)
- Jason & I were on the same team, but Jason has been playing and practicing cricket with the structural guys
- Our team fielded 1st
- Jason caught a ball to get a batter out
- I caught a ball to get a batter out...this was both a good & bad thing, thankfully they guy I got out didn't take it too bad (at least not to my knowledge)
- other teams and guys around us started talking smack in Hindi or Gujarati about letting women, possibly white women, play cricket with them after my team had switched to batting from fielding
- the staff decided they didn't want to stick around and wanted to get us out of there so Trushal & Mihir drove Shannon & I home
- most of the staff wouldn't tell us what the deal was and what was being said but we kinda of got it out of them indirectly that it was because women were playing cricket
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday 3/30/2008 Cricket :(
Highlights:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment