Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday 4/12/2008 Agra

Highlights:

  • Was awaken to my door rattling, they were trying to put the newspaper in the crack
  • Went to the included "continental" breakfast at the hotel, had toast w/ butter
  • Checked out of the hotel
  • Told the drive we had arranged for to take us to the Red Fort (in Delhi)
  • He starts driving South, the Red Fort is North
  • Jason says "I think we are headed towards Agra" and yep he was right
  • We decide we can edit our plans due to this communication issue. We were to spend half the day seeing sights in Delhi then drive to Agra.
  • Picked-up a friend ('Tony') of our driver's who is a "tour guide". I was just happy he spoke and understood English because apparently our driver didn't (even though I asked to book a driver that did).
  • Checked-in to our Agra hotel (same problem with getting 2 rooms) which has a pool (didn't bring the swim suit).
  • Jason talked with 'Tony' (I had to go to the bathroom so I wasn't there) and worked out that we would meet him @ 3 pm to go visit the Agra Fort and see some of the city. We would meet him Sunday @ 6 am to go visit the Taj Mahal.
  • It was only 1 pm so we walked a little and decided we would be better off at the hotel. Went to the bar for drinks and watch the European women laying out at the pool and the public's reaction to that. Jason saw a mouse running around behind the bar and pointed it out to me...fun times
  • 'Tony' talked our ears off on his guided tour of the Agra Fort.
  • After we were taken to some shops. Jason ended up purchasing a marble decor plate with stone inlay at one store. I walked away without buying any of the over priced items we were shown.
  • Went to dinner at a restaurant down the road, I believe it is called The Silk Route, we were the first people there

Pretty much it as there wasn't anything to do at night so we just went back to our rooms. It worked out since we had to be up early to meet our driver and 'Tony' to go to the Taj Mahal.

No comments: