So after cricket Jason & I got dropped off at our respective apartments. After a quick shower Jason & I went to Trushal's house. We met his mother, older brother and younger brother at their new flat. We sat and chatted some. Trushal then took us to check out the Adalaj Vav (step-well). It was full of carvings and had 7 levels I think. We didn't stay too long as it was hot.
Then Trushal took us to lunch at a restaurant nearby. It served mostly southern foods. So I had cheese dosa (bread) and fries with a chocolate milkshake. Trushal and Jason wanted me to try this gravy stuff. Jason said it tasted like Minestrone soup. (FYI I don't eat soup, ever). I told them that I don't eat soup but tried it just to show them. Of course my face puckered up and they laughed. I told them my rules of thumb for eating, nothing spicy or anything green. Then the "breath fresheners" came out. It was a green leaf wrapped around coconut and some other stuff.
After lunch Trushal took us to meet his uncle's family. We met his uncle, aunt, cousin, and grandmother. Their flat was very nicely decorated and painted.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment