Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friday 3/21/2008 Holi

Well...to start off Friday is the 1st day of a 2 day holiday or Hindu festival. Friday is called Holi (or the festival of colors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holi_festival). We still had to work :) I had been warned that co-workers might throw color on Friday. So you know me, I prepared :) I went and got some cloths I was willing to ruin ahead to time to wear to the office and I had help to purchase some of my own color to toss.

As the shift changed happened I set out the cookies I purchased Wednesday for all the office and said "Happy Holi" so they knew they weren't "Happy Friday" treats. After this is when I went with a few to get some colored powder. When we got back we invited people to come downstairs to play, I was not going to start a color war in the office area :) It was hard to take pictures and play at the same time. I am sure by now most of you have looked at the photos already. They like to rub the powder all over faces, not sure why, and they are not careful about it. Some people who were arriving to the office after we had started got caught. One guy left to change and come back after being colored. Hetal & Jahnvi tried to sneak out but got caught and covered with color also.

As you can imagine there is a lot going on and it gets noisy. We were asked to be quiet, something about scaring the people still upstairs or something... After all the fun Rohini & I went to get some face wash and clean up.

That night Vevaik took Jason and I to the drive-in movie theater. You pay to see just one movie but they show two. You would have to pay for both or leave and come back...not sure how that works. They night we went the same movie was playing both slots so...I am not positive but I think the drive-in only plays Hindi movies. We saw "Race" which they call a thriller but I called an action movie. There weren't any scary parts which to me is what a thriller is.

No comments: