Thursday, April 24, 2008

Week of 3/10/2008

Well the week was a mix of everything. I think my head goes off onto different tangents all the time. I should practice focusing. :) Of course I have started to write "to do" lists here. They are really long and of course I never get through them. Not that I am expecting to get through them since I never know how many questions I will be asked. I of course have my self doubts about what I am doing and how I am doing. It is definitely a learning experience for myself and the others here. They are trying to learn my style of teaching and everything else. I am trying to operate close to what they are use to here (sort of different approach than the US). It is difficult to change my nature. :(

This week I am trying to teach them about the KJWW company culture. I am trying to explain that we have a more laid back culture where we call all of our co-workers by their first name and not Mr. or Mrs. It is hard for them to understand because they use Sir and Ma'am as a sign of respect. They keep trying to call me Ma'am, hahah. Well I am not a Ma'am which they are coming to find out. Some have switched to using Miss, hahah. Oh well, most use Kristen. To go with this I am trying to explain that we show respect still, we just do it differently. :) I have also explained that when we use Sir or Ma'am that person feels old, which they don't like.

I'm not sure what else went on this week. I found out I have switched teams again in Rock Island, hahah. So when I get back I get to move my cube :( Oh, I also found out that I wasn't receiving some important e-mails because of how things are set up. Of course I went about finding a solution to this problem. (Side Note: A solution has been found.) Sorry this post is mostly about work but that is what makes up the majority of my week :)

No comments: